She was raised in Mourea, Rotorua, and has worked as a computer programmer, cook, shearing hand, journalist and editor. She married Hinga Tahana-Reese and in 1985 she attended a journalism course at Waiariki Polytech and went on to work for the Rotorua Review and West Rotoiti News. In 1987 she and Maurice Dick co-edited a fortnightly summary of Māori news entitled Nga Kōrero o Te Wa. She spent three years working with the Rotorua Daily Post and during that time rose in rank from a C1 to J6 journalist. In 1990 Tahana-Reese was employed for six months in the Department of Conservation’s public relations department and later worked with the Rotorua Enterprises Agency for six months. In 1991 she moved to Australia and currently lives in Queensland. Since living in Australia, Tahana-Reese has discovered a lot of Australian-born Māori children who have never been "home" to New Zealand. She has the intention of writing fiction and non-fiction books targeted towards these Māori children.
- Phone conversation with Roy Tahana-Reese on 13 July 1998.
- "Renowned Ethicist: Shen Yun a ‘Golden Thread’." Greater Philadelphia Asian Culture Center and Greater Phiadelphia Falun Dafa Association.
- "Seeking to Safeguard Aboriginal Culture." Geoff Vivian’s Kimberley Page: News and Information from Western Australia’s Kimberley Region. http://www.kimberleypage.com.au/older-pages/features-2/
- Co-authors Raiatea Tahana-Reese and Jane Andrews.
- "Journalism for the Polynesian." Tu Tangata 21 (1984/85): 50.
- Tahana-Reese describes her experience at the week-long journalism course held at the Waiariki Community College in Rotorua.
- "True Beauty Comes from Within, Says Beauty Queen." The Epoch Times 31 Mar. 2010. http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/32480/
- "Australia Floods: Inland Waters Recede While Coastal Communities Pray. (Video)." 4 Jan. 2011. The Epoch Times
- "Kate Middletn Celebrates Birthday and Friends’ Wedding." The Epoch Times Jan. 9, 2011. http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/united-kingdom/kate-middleton-celebrates-birthday-and-friends-wedding-48919.html
- "Cyclone Yasi Bears Down on Queensland, Australia." The Epoch Times 31 Jan. 2011. http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/50368/
- Co-authros Raiatea Tahana-Reese and Cassie Ryan.
- "Japan Hit Again By Quakes Amid Heavy Rain." The Epoch Times http://m.theepochtimes.com/index.php?page=content&id=59773
- "Matariki Shines Over New Zealand." The Epoch Times 6-12 July 2011. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:rjPv2aAxysYJ:epoch-archive.com/a1/en/au/nnn/2011/07-July/Edition%2520301/Edition%2520301_p04.pdf+raiatea+tahana+reese&cd=24&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nz&source=www.google.co.nz
- Co-authors Diane Cordemans and Raiatea Tahana Reese.
- "New Zealand’s Famour Woolly Sheep Still On Ice." The Epoch Times 13-19 July, 2011: 4.
- "Fijian Trade Unionists Joined by Pro-Democratic Groups. The Epoch Times 26 July 2011. http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/australia/fijian-tade-unionists-joined-by-pro-democratic-groups-59554.html
- "Children’s Book Launched to Help Qld Flood Victims." Epoch Times 3 Aug. 2011. http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/australia/childrens-book-launched-to-help-queensland-flood-victims-59924.html
- Grace, Kohai. "Keeping in Touch." Tu Tangata 26 (1985): 27.
- A short account about West Rotoiti News, a bi-monthly community magazine produced by editor Raiatea Tahana-Reese and initially targeting the Mourea, Okere Falls and Otara Marae community in Rotorua.