Cassidy Tangaere lived in Wellington for many years. In the 1980s he spent five years living in Christchurch where he worked with his wife, June, as Māori Advisers for the Southern Regional Office of the Department of Education. They returned to work in Wellington when the Ministry of Education was restructured. Tangaere is a licensed interpreter and has done a lot of translation work for school journals. He translates most of the review reports for Kura Kaupapa Māori and Kohanga reo for the Education Review Office. In the 1970s he wrote non-fiction articles in education journals.
- Email correspondence from Cassidy Tangaere on 1 Oct. 2004.
- Phone interview with June Tangaere in Aug. 1992.
- Cross Cultural Suggestions. Cassidy Tangaere et al. Assisted by Hone Apanui and Rhona Thorpe. Christchurch, N.Z.: Dept. of Education, 1989.
- Okarito. Astrid Neumann. Māori trans. Cassidy Tangaere. Christchurch, N.Z.: Bascands, 1987.
- This picture book has parallel English and Māori texts.
- "Te Toti a Peta." Illus. by Phillip Paea. He Kohikohinga: Tuatahi. Whanganui-ā-Tara [Wellington, N.Z.]: Te Pou Taki Kōrero, Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga/Learning Media, Ministry of Education, 1991. 24-25.
- Story presented in the form of comic strip.
- "Nga Merengi." Na Cassidy Tangaere i Whakamāori Te Kōrero A Tawhao Tioke [Writ. Tawhao Toki. Māori trans. Cassidy Tangaere]. Na Margaret Cranwell ngā pikitia [Illus. Margaret Cranwell]. Te Tautoko 17. Wellington, N.Z.: Learning Media, Ministry of Education, 1992. 23-28. Rpt. as Nga Merengi. Tawhao Tioke. Māori trans. Cassidy Tangaere. [Wellington, N.Z.]: Ministry of Education, 1995.
- E Reti Haumoana Ana Ahau! By Pat Quinn. Māori trans. Cassidy Tangaere. Wellington, N.Z.: Te Pou Taki Korero, 1994
- Ngā Pukōrero o te Wā 5. [Wellington, N.Z.?]: Ministry of Education, 1995.
- "Henrietta Maxwell of Te Whanau-a-Ruataupare and Te Aotawarirangi talk about fishing protocols, and Cassidy Tangaere of Ngai Tane and Ngāti Horowai o Ngāti Porou tells stories about the powers of a famous tohunga. A collection of kōrero, suitable for more advanced learners of Māori." 1 audio cassette (41 min.).
- Te Motopaika Tere Rawa Atu! By Jane Buxton. Māori trans. Cassidy Tangaere. Wellington, N.Z.: Learning Media, 1995.
- Tōkena. Nā Cassidy Tangaere ngā kupu; nā Gus Hunter i tā ngā pikitia [By Cassidy Tangaere; Illus. Gus Hunter]. Te Whanganui-ā-Tara [Wellington, N.Z]: Te Pou Taki Kōrero, c. 1996.
- This book of comic strips about a person called Tōkena was first published in issues 1-19 of Toi te Kupu.
- Hebley, Diane. "Good and bad touching." NZ Listener 8 Aug. 1987: 86.