‘Paul Tapsell is Te Arawa and Tainui descent. He holds a masters degree in anthropology from Auckland University and a doctorate in museum ethnography from Oxford University. He is now Director Māori of the Auckland War Memorial Museum and an adjunct lecturer at Auckland University.’
- Pukaki: A Comet Returns. Birkenhead, Auckland, N.Z.: Reed, 2000.
- "Museum To Act As A Bridge For Urban; Museum To Act As A Bridge For Urban Rangatahi Says New Director Of Māori." Kokiri Potae Dec. 2000. 6-7.
- Māori Treasures of New Zealand: Ko Tawa – Matariki Calendar. David Bateman, 2005.
- Written by P. Tapsell. Photographs by Krzysztof Pfeiffer.
- "Kaumātua the reason Pukaki came Home." Kokiri Potae Dec. 2000: 6.
- Wang, Gilbert. "Paul Tapsell: A Pukaki - A Comet Returns." http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=150608