Erana Coulter was a composer of waiata.
- "Whakarongo mai Te Atua." Te Ao Mārama: Contemporary Māori Writing. Comp. and ed. Witi Ihimaera. Contributing ed. Haare Williams, Irihapeti Ramsden and D. S. Long. Vol. 1: Te Whakahuatanga O Te Ao: Reflections of Reality. Auckland, N.Z.: Reed, 1992. 21.
- This waiata in Māori opens the Te Ao Mārama series of Māori literature with the prayer "Listen, O Lord, and bestow your blessings upon us. Grant us your care and your peace, for it is you who leads us."
- Te Ao Marama. Na Erana Coulter me Rahera Barrett-Douglas me Aroha Tucker [Written by Erana Coulter, Rahera Barrett-Douglas and Aroha Tucker]. Na Carl Jukes nga pikitia [Illus. Carl Jukes]. [Hamilton, N.Z.: Centre for Māori Studies and Research, Waikato U, 1979.]
- Simple Māori text of the sounds of birds and insects at the dawning of a new day.
- Benton, Richard A. A Bibliography of Published Materials for Teaching Māori to Speakers of Other Languages Compiled and Annotated by Richard A. Benton: Materials for Teaching and Learning Māori Language. n.p: Māori Unit, New Zealand Council for Educational Research, 1979. 20.