She was a member of the Waitangi Tribunal and was a writer of Māori and tribal history.
- A Hinemoa Raua Ko TuTānekai: He Kōrerohanga Anō O Tētahi O Ngā Pakiwaitara Rongonui O Te Arawa. Ko ngā pikitia nā Kerry Gemmill. [Illus. Kerry Gemmill].Te Whanganui-a-Tara [Wellington], N.Z.: Huia, [199?].
- Nga Take Māori/ Māori Affairs: A Department and the People Who Made It. Hepora Young and Graham Butterworth. [Wellington, N.Z.]: Iwi Transition Agency, GP, c.1990.
- "This unique, bilingual collaboration between a Māori and a Pakeha historian, tells the story of the government departments established to work with the Māori people from 1833 until the abolition of the Department of Māori Affairs in 1989" (Publishers’ description).
- Te Mātāwai Tuatahi. Ed. Hepora Young and Mange Tautari. Illus. Sarah Maxey. Wellington, N.Z.: Te Tira Ahu Iwi, Daphne Brasell, 1991.
- "The first of a new series in Māori language readers, aimed at intermediate to senior level students of Māori. The series, funded by the Iwi Transition Agency, is entirely in Māori. Its aim is to lead readers gently toward a greater awareness of the place of Māori, both language and people, within society today. A second book in the series is expected to be published at the end of the year" (The Press 1 Aug. 1991: 2).
- Te Mātāwai Tuarua. Hepora Young, Mange Tautari and Waaka Vercoe. Te Whanganui-a-Tara [Wellington], N.Z.: Te Tira Ahu Iwi, Huia, 1991.
- "Young Appointed Task Force Member." Daily Post 7 Aug. 1991: 3.
- Te Mātāwai Tuawhā. Hepora Young, Mange Tautari and Waaka Vercoe. Te Whanganui-a-Tara [Wellington], N.Z.: Te Puni Kōkiri, Huia, 1992.
- Te Mātāwai Tuarima. Hepora Young, Te Ahukaramu Royal and Shane Jones. Te Whanganui-a-Tara [Wellington], N.Z.: Te Puni Kokiri, Huia, 1994.
- This publication, edited by Young, includes seven pieces of work: "He Rangimārie te Kaupapa" by Young, "Te Ahi-Mutunga-Kore" by Te Ahukaramu Royal, "He Moemoeā" by Young, "Te Whakarērenga ō R˚ria" by Shane Jones, "Koa Anō, He Tupua" by Young, "He Huinga Tangata Whenua" by Young and "He Maunga Teitei" by Young.
Te Matawai Tuatahi
- Kaa, Keri. "Collection fills gap for Te Reo Māori students." Dominion Sunday Times 4 Aug. 1991: 22.
- McNaughton, Iona. "Not just something you do at school." Dominion 27 July 1991: 7.
- The Press 1 Aug. 1991: 2.