Hone Sadler is an esteemed Ngāpuhi elder and a lecturer at the University of Auckland. His areas of expertise include; Te Reo Māori, Te Tiriti o Waitangi Settlements (Ngāpuhi), Hakapapa and Mātauranga Māori.
- http://www.arts.auckland.ac.nz/people/hsad005 11 October 2016
http://www.maoritelevision.com/news/regional/ngapuhi-elder-hone-sadler-launches-new-book 11 October 2016
- Te Tēpu Māori Television with host Waihoroi Shortland current topical issues of interest to Māori. Te Tēpu: Māori Television, 2010.
- "Pathways for Ngāpuhi's future: (PSGE) Post Settlement Governance Entity." International Journal of Arts and Sciences, 07.5 (2014)
- Co-authors C. M. M. Mackinnon.
- "The Fraught Pathway To Political, Economic and Social Freedom and Participation for Ngāpuhi in a Colonial Dominated Society." The Cultural and Literary Nationalism of Fourth World, 1.1 (2015): 43-49.
- "The Ngāpuhi Approach to Grievance and Land Claim Settlements Through the Waitangi Tribunal Process." Paper presented at European Society for Oceanists 8th Conference, University of Saint Andrews, Scotland. 5 July - 8 July 2010.
- "The Mandating Process For Ngāpuhi's Settlement of Claims With The Crown." Paper presented at Sixth International Conference on Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, The University of New Orleans, New Orleans, The United States of America. 11 July - 13 July 2011.
- "Ngāpuhi Histories and Hakapapa." WAI 1040 WAITANGI TRIBUNAL CLAIM, 1-77. Waitangi Tribunal, 2010.
- Profile On Academic Ngāpuhi. Hōne Sadler. Waka Huia, Tāpuhi Northland, Tautoro, Northland: TV 1 Television One New Zealand, 2011.