"Olivia Aroha Giles is a Contemporary Māori artist and writer of Kahungunu, Raukawa, Te Ati Awa and Te Whanau a Apanui, Scottish and Irish descent from Wellington.
Olivia graduated with a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Design, majoring in Textile Arts and a Graduate Diploma of Creative Writing.
She is a part of Porirua’s vibrant Art Scene, as a painter, sculptor and textile artist.
Olivia writes novels about educated, feisty, successful Maori Women working their way through the drama of life; sometimes feeling as if they've been given the wrong instruction manual.
Her stories are packed with rich characters, drama, humour, love, suspense and high-octane action. She coined the term ‘HineAtua (Goddess) Lit’.
She reads voraciously and has an addiction to romances and murder mysteries, which she calls “paperback crack” and non-fiction.
Olivia is currently the Art Director of Dusky Productions and writes every spare moment she can.
She is married to Scott and they share seven children and two grandchildren."
- http://heartofthetapustone.com/author.php 16 November 2016
- Two homes. Wellington, N.Z.: Learning Media, 2008.
- Illustrations by Denise Durkin.
- Pīwakawaka & the Ruru. Porirua, N.Z.: Dusky Productions Limited, 2015.
- Rocket ship pyjamas and plum jam. Wellington, N.Z : Dusky Productions Limited, 2016.
- "Stepping Outside the Boxing." Huia Short Stories 9. Huia Publishers, 2011.
- I Taniwha. Porirua, N.Z.: Dusky Productions, 2014.
- "Elvis - a true story." 4th floor literary journal, 2015.
- Feather from the kākahu. Porirua,N.Z.: Dusky Productions, 2015.
- I hineAtua. Porirua, N.Z.: Dusky Productions Limited, 2016.
- Heart of the tapu stone. Porirua, N.Z.: Dusky Productions Limited, 2013.