"Basil Keane (a good Keane man) is the Ministry for Culture and Heritage’s Director, Māori Digital Projects. With degrees in law and Māori studies, Basil makes a major contribution to morning teatime controversies, as well as overseeing all Te Ara content from a Māori perspective, and writing on many subjects."
- http://blog.teara.govt.nz/bloggers/ 18 November 2016
http://beattiesbookblog.blogspot.co.nz/2007/07/pikihuia-awards-for-mori-writers-2007.html 18 November 2016
- "Te Ara - Te Mātāpunenga o Aotearoa." Muka, 17.2 (Apr 2005): 9.
- "Te ara - 'te rangi, te whenua me te moana'." Muka, 18.4 (Pip 2006): 3.
- "Kotahitanga." Weeping waters : the Treaty of Waitangi and constitutional change. Ed. Mulholland, Malcolm & Tawhai, Veronica M. H. Wellington, N.Z.: Huia Publishers, 2010.
- "Turangawaewae: Maori Relationships with the Great War." New Zealand society at war 1914-1918. Ed. Steven Loveridge. Wellington, N.Z.: Victoria University Press, 2016.
- Co-author Steven Loveridge.