Julia Taiapa is a lecturer at Massey University. "Taiapa teaches in the areas of Māori culture and Society; Māori womens issues and Māori Whānau Development. Her past research has been in the area of Whānau as a member of the Longitudinal Study, Te Hoe Nuku Roa, She wrote a book on the Economics of the Whānau and has co-authored articles on Māori Grand Parenting."
- http://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/expertise/profile.cfm?stref=344030 29 November 2016
- Report on Good Practice in Te Hononga Mai i Tawhiti. Massey University: Office of the DVC Maori, 2007.
- "Taonga: Grandchildren the treasures of Grandparents." Journal of Cultural Diversity: An interdisciplinary Journal 20.3 (Fall 2013): 112-9.
- Co-authors HFO. Vakalahi and F. Ware.
- "Getting Grounded: Maori research for Tongan American researcher. Reflections." Vakalahi, HFO., & Taiapa, JTT. Journal of Cultural Diversity, c2013.
- "Generations Linked: A Case Example of Māori Grandparents." Journal of Family Social Work 16.4 (2013): 332-347.
- Co-author HF. Ofahengaue Vakalahi