"Belinda is an emerging Māori researcher with a particular interest in rangatahi Māori. She has completed her Masters thesis Living in the City Ain’t So Bad: Cultural Diversity of South Auckland Rangatahi.
Belinda has worked as an impact evaluator for community action projects on youth, alcohol and drugs and is developing into research management. Belinda is also currently undertaking a PhD at Massey University."
- http://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/learning/departments/centres-research/shore/whariki-research-team/belinda-borell.cfm 29 November 2016
- Final report for the evaluation of the Drugs Education Development Project. Auckland, N.Z.: University of Auckland, 2000.
- Co-authors V. Adair, R. Dixon, C. Coggan, M. Brewin and J. Kruiswijk.
- "Living in the city ain't so bad: cultural identity for young Maori in South Auckland." New Zealand Identities: Departures and Destinations. Ed. J. Liu, T. McCreanor, T. McIntosh and T. Teaiwa. Wellington, N.Z.: Victoria University Press (2005): 191-206.
- Media and Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Auckland, N,Z.: Kupu Taea, 2007.
- Co-authors J. Rankine, R. Nairn, A. Moewaka Barnes, M. Gregory, H. Kaiwai and T. McCreanor.
- 'Intentional use of te reo Maori in New Zealand newspapers in 2007." Pacific Journalism Review 15.2 (2009): 174-190.
- Co-authors J. Rankine, A. Moewaka Barnes, R. Nairn, T. McCreanor, and A. Gregory.
- "'It's hard at the top but it's a whole lot easier than being at the bottom': The role of privilege in understanding disparities in Aotearoa/New Zealand." Race/Ethnicity 3 (2009): 29-50.
- Co-authors A. Gregory, T. McCreanor, V. Jensen and H. Moewaka Barnes.
- "Maori sport and Maori in sport: mass media representations and Pakeha discourse." Alternative 6.3 (2010): 235-247.
- Co-authors T. McCreanor, J. Rankine, A. Moewaka Barnes, R. Nairn, M. Gregory and H. Kaiwai.
- "Reading news about Maori: responses from non-Maori audiences." AlterNative, 7.1 (2011): 51-64.
- Co-authors M. Gregory, T. McCreanor, A. Moewaka Barnes, R. Nairn, J. Rankine, S. Abel, K. Taiapa and H. Kaiwai.
- "Mass Media in Aotearoa: An Obstacle to Cultural Competence." New Zealand Journal of Psychology 40.3 (2011): 168-175.
- Co-authors R. Nairn, A. Moewaka Barnes, J. Rankine, S. Abel and T. McCreanor.
- "Suburban Newspapers’ reporting of Māori news." Pacific Journalism Review, 17.2 (2011): 50-71.
- Co-authors J. Rankine, A. Moewaka Barnes, T. McCreanor, R. Nairn and A. Gregory.
- "Maori business news in the mass media." Sites: New Series 8.2 (2011): 32-56.
- Co-authors T. McCreanor, A.-L. McManus, A. Moewaka Barnes, J. Rankine and R. Nairn.
- "Anti-Maori themes in New Zealand Journalism; toward alternative practice." Moewaka Barnes, A., Borell, B., Taiapa, K., Rankine, J., Nairn, R., & McCreanor, T. Pacific Journalism Review, 18.1 (2012): 195-216.
- "“Maori news is bad news”: that’s certainly so on television." Nairn, R., McCreanor, T., Moewaka Barnes, A., Borell, B., Rankine, J., & Gregory, A. MAI Journal, 1.1 (2012): 38-49.
- "Maori experiences and responses to racism in New Zealand." Moewaka Barnes, A., Taiapa, K., Borell, B., & McCreanor, T. MAI Journal, 2.2 (2013): 63-77.
- "Theorising the structural dynamics of ethnic privilege in Aotearoa: Unpacking "this breeze at my back"" Moewaka Barnes, H., Borell, B., & McCreanor, T. International Journal of Critical Indigenous Studies, 7.1 (2014).
- "The association of crime stories and Maori in Aotearoa New Zealand print media." McCreanor, T., Rankine, J., Moewaka Barnes, A., Borell, B., Nairn, R., & McManus, A.-L. Sites: New Series, 11.1, 2014.
- "Nursing in media saturated societies: implications for cultural safety in nursing practice in Aotearoa New Zealand." Nairn, R., DeSouza, R., Moewaka Barnes, A., Rankine, J., Borell, B., & McCreanor, T. Journal of Research in Nursing, 19 (2014): 477-487.
- "Content and source analysis of newspaper items about Maori issues: Silencing the ‘natives’ in Aotearoa?" Rankine, J., Moewaka Barnes, A., Borell, B., Nairn, R., & McCreanor, T. Pacific Journalism Review, 20.1 (2014): 213-233.
- "When the marginalised research the privileged One Maori group’s experience." International Journal of Critical Indigenous Studies 7.2, 2014.
- "Being Maori in the City: Indigenous Everyday Life in Auckland by Natacha Gagné. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2013." Aboriginal Policy Studies, 4.1 (2015): 73-75.