She has a Dip Tch Primary (Otago), B. Ed. (Otago) and MEd (Canterbury) and in 2010 was appointed as Pukenga at Te Tumu: School of Māori, Pacific, and Indigenous Studies at the University of Otago.
- Huia Short Stories 6. Contemporary Māori Fiction. Wellington, N.Z.: Huia, 2005. 178.
- “Megan Ellison.” http://www.otago.ac.nz/tetumu/staff/meganellison.html
- "E Kore ā Muri e Hokia." Huia Short Stories 6. Contemporary Māori Fiction. Wellington, N.Z.: Huia, 2005. 35-42. Rpt. in Ngā Pakiwaitara a Huia 4. Wellington, N.Z.: Huia, 2007. 95.
- "Polishing Precious Jade: The Challenge of Returning Language to the People: A View on Second Language Acquisition and the Reconstruction of Identity." Linguistics Conference at the University of Mexico, 2005.
- "5 Ways To Silence A Māori." Fugacity 05: Online Poetry Anthology.
- "Reviews : books." Karaka(Christchurch, N.Z.), n.52(Rau/Sum 2011): 66-68.
- A Historical Review of Taiaroa Heads School 1875-1914.