She ‘was born and educated in Auckland. She was a teacher for seventeen years and taught at intermediate, secondary and tertiary levels. She paints silk and glass and has had some of her art work (pen and ink) displayed in the National Art Awards. She attended a night class in creative writing tutored by an inspirational published author and developed a love of the craft which has seen her writing short stories and poetry for the past four years. She was also a finalist in the Huia Short Story Competition in 1999’ and 2015.
- Huia Short Stories 5. Contemporary Måori Fiction. Wellington, N.Z.: Huia, 2003. 254.
http://www.creativenz.govt.nz/news/pikihuia-awards-for-maori-writers-2015 15 November 2016
- "The Gardener." Huia Short Stories 3. Wellington, N.Z.: Huia, 1999. 93-95.
- "The Gift." Huia Short Stories 5. Contemporary Māori Fiction. Wellington, N.Z.: Huia, 2003. 63-68.
- "Ella." Huia Short Stories 7. Huia Publishers, 2007.
- 'The Fire Eater." Huia Short Stories 8. Wellington, N.Z.: Huia, 2009.
- "Hands of Time." Huia Short Stories 11. Huia, 2015.
- "Aroha." Huia Short Stories 11. Huia Publishers, 2015.