Danny Ngatai studied at the Waiariki Journalism Course in 1988.
- "Māori Radio a Reality." Te Iwi o Aotearoa 10 (1988): 9.
- A profile of Rotorua Radio DJ Aaron Hepi.
- "Te Upoko." Te Iwi o Aotearoa 10 (1988): 9.
- An account of the promotion of te reo Māori by Wellington’s Māori radio station Te Upoko o Te Ika.
- "Return to Māori Medicine." Te Iwi o Aotearoa 10 (1988): 14.
- Ngāti Raukawa kaumatua Joe Tukapua discusses his plans to establish a Māori Health Centre on Kawiu Marae, near Levin, and describes the Māori approach to health and well-being.
- "A Path to Success: Takitimu School of Arts Paves the Way." Te Iwi o Aotearoa 10 (1988): 17.
- Tama Huata, cultural director and founder of Hastings’ Takitimu School of Performing Arts, discusses the history and kaupapa of the school.
- "Using Waiata as Therapy." Te Iwi o Aotearoa 10 (1988): 22.
- An account of the Rotorua Access Course - Te Waiata Trust, which is a twenty-week course involving music training ‘designed to help people with their social problems rather than teaching them to perform.’