Nicola Ngawati was born in Auckland and completed her secondary education at Auckland Girls’ Grammar School. She continued her studies at Auckland University where she graduated with an L.LB in 1990. In 1997 graduated with a Masters of Public Policy from Victoria University. Nicola has worked as a solicitor in both the private and public sectors and is currently employed as an External Relations Policy Officer for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (diplomatic stream). In 1998 she is enrolled in a post-graduate Diploma in Business Administration. She writes non-fiction academic writing and the occasional short story.
- Phone conversation and correspondence from Ngawati, 20 and 28 June, 4 and 11 July, 1998.
- "Impressions: Te Hikoi Ki Waitangi 1985." Te Hikoi Ki Waitangi, 1985. [Auckland, N.Z.: Waitangi Action Committee, 1985]: 64-65.
- Ngawati lists her reasons for going on the Hikoi and describes some of the highlights of the Hikoi.
- EEO Māori and a Bicultural Public Sector: A Problematic Relationship? Wellington, N.Z.: Victoria UP, 1998.
- "EEO (Māori) and a Bicultural Public Sector: A Problematic Relationship?" Unpublished paper. Victoria U, 1996.